There’s no doubt that the financial services sector is one complicated cookie. Whether involving banking, credit lending, money management, hedge-funding, brokering, accounting, financing, insuring, investing, and more, there’s no doubt that financial services companies help keep every inch of our economy going.
But, there might indeed be one thing even more complex than financial services: Digital marketing for financial services companies.
As with every other industry, we are watching digital marketing drastically alter the way financial companies drum up clientele and present themselves to the world.
The Shift Toward Digital
It’s probably safe to say that the days of traditional marketing – without even the tiniest influence of the web – are completely behind us. Nowadays, for most companies, it’s simply impossible to avoid going digital in some marketing capacity or another.
How have digital marketing trends shifted from more traditional marketing methods? Generally speaking, online marketing is dependent on different aspects of the marketing process, since:
- The digital world depends more heavily on effective content marketing to create relationships between consumers and the financial companies that cater to them.
- Search engines employ algorithms to promote the most informative and accurate content, as based on several search parameters.
- Creating an online brand and successful marketing plan relies much more on the connections that businesses develop between their websites, social media sites, and other online platforms. This is completely distinct from traditional marketing, which rarely (if ever) depended on multiple medias to work in tandem to achieve one overall marketing goal.
Beyond just platforms going digital, consumer expectations are also changing. With the overwhelming amount of content available online, viewers want to be presented with branding that is distinguishable, witty, easy to understand, and essentially to-the-point. What once prioritized appeal to the “in-crowd,” marketing to today’s consumers now involves treating each viewer as distinct from all others.
What in the World Does Digital Marketing Have to Do with Financial Services?
If you work in the financial services industry, you may be wondering how digital marketing affects your company at all. And, we get it – the two don’t seem all that inter-related.
But, here’s the thing: They absolutely are.
Since digital marketing is transforming everything, companies are now expected to have a strong online presence. And, in order to have that, your company needs a strategic marketing plan that includes the latest and greatest branding techniques.
Unfortunately, without employing these techniques, prospective clients simply can’t find you easily online. And, the further you appear down the search engine results chain, the less click conversions you can expect to receive. Instead, they’ll click on all of the competitors who appear before you.
We don’t want them to find your competition. We want them to find you.
Still Don’t Believe Us?
If your company wants to maintain its current growth levels as well as expand its marketing viewability to new client populations, it’s simply vital to go digital.
If you still don’t believe us, think about this:
- Organic search engine optimization (SEO) methods are responsible for over half of all web traffic.
- About 92 percent of viewer traffic is concentrated among businesses that are visible on the first page of search results.
- Having a social media presence makes nearly 40 percent of consumers feel a higher comfort level with that same business.
Succeeding at Digital Marketing Is a 24/7/365 Game
Consider the following scenario where your financial services company has the ideal online marketing strategies implemented. You have an impeccably designed website that showcases the best, most SEO-optimized content. You utilize your social media profiles in all the right ways. You even employ PPC ads to reach a wider audience. You’re on top of the digital marketing game in every way.
Sounds great, right? And, it absolutely is. Except that it’s a constant struggle to stay there. Here’s why:
- Financial services are competitive. Digital marketing is competitive. Combining the two together means that digital marketing for financial services is doubly competitive. Because competition is so heated, both your company and your services have to be distinguishable from every other competitor.
- The formulas that search engines employ to promote some content over others are always changing. Unless you have all day to spend studying up on these changes, you can easily fall behind.
- Financial services (and anything dealing with money, really…) is inherently intimidating for the average person. Particularly in your industry, it’s important to clearly and rudimentarily explain your services so that viewers get the best possible idea of what you can offer.
That’s Where Internet Marketing Geeks Can Help
At Internet Marketing Geeks, we have extensive experience in digital marketing. And because it’s what we love, our staff channels all of their attention and focus into understanding the latest strategies and researching changes that affect our clients on a minute-by-minute basis. We take the time to truly perfect our craft.
Our philosophy is simple: We think (and always have) that a brand-led, search engine optimization (SEO)-centric marketing model is the optimal way to ensure that your financial services company achieves – and maintains – the strongest digital presence possible.
Who We Want to Work With
We seek out clients who want to be on top. We love working with companies that:
- Value lead generation and comprehensive, integrated marketing.
- Have ambitious marketing goals and the patience to see them through.
- Are willing to adjust their websites and social media sites according to best SEO practices.
Is Our Brand-led, SEO-Centric Marketing Model Right for You?
Borne from our SEO-centric philosophy, we’ve created a marketing model that emphasizes your brand and SEO best practices in every area of your company’s marketing strategy, including web design, content, social media, and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
SEO-Friendly Web Design
Our websites are custom-built for two key areas of marketing: Loading speed and branding. Both are crucial for any website that wants to crush it at converting.
We help create your brand through website designs that prioritize the overall aesthetic you want your target viewers to see. Because we know that viewers expect a more personalized, humanized approach to their marketing, we aim to present the best designs that combine appealing page structure and loading speed with the personalized touch that your company needs to be distinguished. Check out more about our web designs here.
SEO-Centered Content That Will Resonate With Your Audience
Without quality content, your website can’t succeed. Search engine algorithms always favor content that’s considered authoritative, useful, trustworthy, and up-to-date.
But, content also serves another purpose: Connecting with and educating your potential clients. As such, content also has to be clear, concise, and helpful.
When we work with clients, we always design their websites to reflect the company’s goals, target client demographics, and more. But why stop at web design? That’s why our content is also just as specialized.
We strive to create content that’s specifically tailored for your company (you read that right – it’s always original) to achieve best SEO practices and effectively answer your viewers’ questions.
Social Media Management
We know that when most people think of financial services companies, social media usually isn’t the first thing that comes to mind.
But, that’s exactly why having a strong social media presence can give your company a huge advantage.
When used well, your social media platforms can not only serve as a gateway that leads viewers to your website for conversion, but they can also help distinguish your brand and add a human touch to the way you conduct business.
As more and more businesses turn to social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), it becomes all the more necessary to include social media in your marketing plan. At Internet Marketing Geeks, we know exactly how to use social media platforms to push branding and conversions.
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Ads That Advance Your Brand
PPC ads can add an additional layer to your company’s digital marketing plan. When creating PPC ads, we strive to get you in front of potential customers that are ready to make purchase decisions..
Then, we’ll analyze the ad results to constantly ensure they’re working for you. If PPC ads don’t offer your company a feasible return on investment (ROI), you can expect us to always be honest. That’s our promise to you.
Interested in Working With Us?
Regardless of whether you and your financial services company already know what digital marketing services are needed or not, we’re here to assist you throughout every step of the strategic marketing process. We’ve been working with many different types of clients for several years, so you can trust us when we say we know the ins and outs of marketing.
Throughout our years of marketing experience, we’ve learned the raw value of conversion. And, we know what it can mean for your company. That’s why you can always count on us to tell you what we think of your website and its metrics output, as well as how to improve it in the most cost-effective ways.
We’re all about delivering the best results, achieving the highest ROI for your company’s digital marketing goals, and helping to convert your viewers into clients. If that’s what your company is searching for, reach out to Internet Marketing Geeks today.